October 28, 2009

THE MEANING OF NEFER


On the weekend I went in search of a word that I could use as something a little different to close an email to a group of friends. I remembered a book that I had purchased on my trip to Perth earlier in the year. "The Handbook of Ancient Wisdom" by Cassandra Eason. It covers 3000 years of magic and folklore from Tribal Australia to Ancient Egypt and Native America. In the section called "Hieroglyphic Magic" I found the word Nefer, its meaning had a great feeling and expressed blessing I wished to share with others. It is as follows:-



NEFER: This means happiness, good fortune and beauty and is based on a musical instrument that resembled a primitive guitar. The perfect form and harmony of the instrument represented fulfilment and pleasure. When Nefer appears in a reading, what matters is your happiness, even if this is not counted as success in the world's terms. Concentrate on your own harmony and let your inner joy shine through. Enjoy each day and find something positive to rejoice in, however difficult the circumstances, is the message of Nefer.

Nefer to all and I hope you are findingurwings.....Ros

No comments:

Post a Comment