February 7, 2010

Findingurwings newsletter 2010



Welcome to the first newsletter of Findingurwings. Already we are into the second month of this year and it is time to refocus on my new adventures in Healing. As you may know last year saw many changes in my life. The biggest step that I took was to leave my paid employment of over 11 years. A job that I am so very thankful for, as it has allowed David & I to educate our two daughters through private school. They are now going to University to assist their own development and career. I worked with interesting people and gained self confidence. I met some fascinating people over that time, but most of all it showed me that material wealth doesn’t give you happiness; happiness comes from a place within yourself. I realize how important it is to have a balance of giving and receiving and have an ‘Attitude in Gratitude” - I do this every day. Giving to others, it might be having a chat with a stranger, a shoulder of support to a friend having a tough time, a smile to someone to brighten up their day, giving to charity, a bunch of flowers or visiting a sick friend whatever it is, it is coming from your heart. By doing this I receive so many wonderful experiences. I believe that we also need to cut energy ties, forgive or letting go of people/situations/events that have hurt us. I believe everything is sent to challenge us to make us stronger – it is how we handle them that make the person we are now. Just as that song Affirmation says “Forgiveness is the key to your unhappiness”, because as long as you blame others or feel a victim you will always be held in the past. Forgiveness is about you and not the other person/actions/situation. You don’t have to agree with what they did or didn’t do, but until you let go of the feelings you are not able to enjoy this moment, Now - The Present and it will affect your future. The only person that you are hurting by not letting go of the feeling or hurt, pain, and blame is YOURSELF. Take back your own power and control, as you are the only person you are able to control. There is said to be a 90 – 10 rule, that 10% of what happens you have absolutely no control over and 90% is how you handle that 10%. How do you handle situations?

I hope you are findingurwings...........Ros

No comments:

Post a Comment