September 22, 2011

Surprises.....

I would like to share an event that happened to me this morning as I went to the local shopping centre..... I had just dropped my daughter at work and I decided to collect the dry cleaning and purchase a couple of items from the supermarket.

I pulled into the underground car park, where there is a tight bend which brings you to 2 boom gates. As I was not in any particular hurry, I decided to wait behind the car in front rather than doing the more difficult manoeuvre across to the other gate. It was moving fast enough.... then all of a sudden I heard this loud horn noise come from behind me.... I ignored it and moving up to the gate, the car behind, that had sounded their horn, was alongside me.

Aggressively, she stared at me across the way from her car and then the gates opened together. I gestured for her to move first. I was not buying into her drama and what I observed was interesting, many cars started pulling out in front of her slowing her path. As I parked up and walked up the ramp to the centre I saw the lady again. We looked at each other and then, what happened next surprised me – she said “I’m sorry”......


It is nice when we are surprised .....

No comments:

Post a Comment